When creating a new Task within Task Scheduler and attempting to set the “When running the task, use the following user account” option, you may receive the following error message:
Task Schedule: This task requires that the user account specified has Log on as batch job rights
This can be resolved by ensuring the user account has the correct permissions on the server.
- Click the Start button.
- Within the Search field, type secpol and, when displayed, click Local Security Policy.
- Within the Local Security Policy window, expand the Local Policies node.
- Expand the User Rights Assignment node.
- In the right-hand panel, right-click Log on as a batch job and select the Properties option.
- In the Log on as batch job Properties window, click the Add User or Group… button and add the user or group you want to give access.
- Click the OK button to close the window.
- Click the OK button to close the Log on as batch job Properties window .